The Bellator 242 preliminary card is filling up.
Like most events, it remains to be seen whether or not Bellator 242 will take place due to the coronavirus outbreak. However, the promotion is still building the card.
Bellator 242 is scheduled to take place May 9 at SAP Center in San Jose, Calif. The main card airs on Paramount and streams on DAZN following prelims on MMA Junkie.
Seven prelims have been added to the event in recent days, according to the promotion. Among the additions, another member of the Gracie family will dive into the professional ranks in Bellator.
Rhalan Gracie joins family members Neiman Gracie, Robson Gracie Jr., and Khonry Gracie – all three of whom are also welterweight fighters.
Check out the rest of the Bellator 242 preliminary card additions below:
- Middleweight: Alan Benson (1-1 MMA, 1-0 BMMA) vs. Evan Gubera (0-2 MMA, 0-1 BMMA)
- Middleweight: Ivan Batinich (4-1 MMA, 1-0 BMMA) vs. Joe Kropschot (4-1 MMA, 0-0 BMMA)
- Featherweight: Hyder Amil (4-0 MMA, 0-1 BMMA) vs. Brandon Laroco (5-2 MMA, 1-1 BMMA)
- Welterweight: Gabriel Pacheco (4-1 MMA, 0-0 BMMA) vs. Abraham Vesau (5-3 MMA, 2-1 BMMA)
- Welterweight: Rhalan Gracie (0-0 MMA, 0-0 BMMA) vs. Dominic Sumner (1-3 MMA, 0-1 BMMA) (KHON2)
- Flyweight: Ryan Attebery (0-2 MMA, 0-0 BMMA) vs. Mike Howard (0-1 MMA, 0-0 BMMA)
- Bantamweight: Daniel Oseguera (1-1 MMA, 0-1 BMMA) vs. Sorcrates Hernandez (0-0 MMA, 0-0 BMMA)
Original article: https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020/03/bellator-242-adds-seven-fights-san-jose-gracie/