It’ll be Texas vs. Texas in Las Vegas at the UFC’s Aug.1 event.
The event is expected to take place at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas. The promotion announced a finalized lineup, including Holland vs. Giles on Thursday.
Prior to signing on, Holland (17-5 MMA, 4-2 UFC) was most recently booked to fight Daniel Rodriguez on May 30. However, a shoulder injury forced Holland out of the fight just days prior. On May 16, Holland quickly defeated Anthony Hernandez with a 39-second TKO.
Giles (12-2 MMA, 3-2 UFC), a Houston area police officer, won in his own backyard at UFC 247 in February. Taking on one-day-notice replacement James Krause, Giles grinded and punched his way to a split decision victory.
With the change, the UFC’s Aug. 1 lineup includes:
- Derek Brunson vs. Edmen Shahbazyan
- Markus Perez vs. Eric Spicely
- Trevin Giles vs. Kevin Holland
- Ed Herman vs. Da Un Jung
- Joanne Calderwood vs. Jennifer Maia
- Randy Brown vs. Vicente Luque
- Jonathan Martinez vs. Frankie Saenz
- Ray Borg vs. Nathan Maness
- Chris Gutierrez vs. Luke Sanders
Original article: https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020/07/kevin-holland-replaces-da-un-jung-meets-trevin-giles-at-ufc-event-on-aug-1/