Despite 2020’s unforeseen challenges, Jim Miller is staying active.
On Aug. 15 at UFC 252, Miller (32-14 MMA, 21-13 UFC) will return to action and take on Vinc Pichel in a lightweight bout at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas. The promotion announced the booking Wednesday.
Miller, 36, has won three out of his past four fights entering UFC 252. Most recently, Miller bounced back from a loss to Scott Holtzman with a first-round submission win over Roosevelt Roberts on June 20.
Pichel (12-2 MMA, 5-2 UFC) returns to action for the first time since June 2019, when he defeated Roberts by unanimous decision. Pichel was scheduled to fight Alexander Yakovlev in November but he withdrew for unknown reasons. Pichel has won five of his most recent six outings.
UFC 252 takes place Saturday, Aug. 15 at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas. Streaming information has not been announced at this time.
With the addition, the UFC 252 lineup includes:
- Stipe Miocic vs. Daniel Cormier – for the UFC heavyweight title
- Sean O’Malley vs. Marlon Vera
- Junior Dos Santos vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik
- John Dodson vs. Merab Dvalishvili
- Magomed Ankalaev vs. Ion Cutelaba
- Jim Miller vs. Vinc Pichel
- Livinha Souza vs. Ashley Yoder
- Herbert Burns vs. Daniel Pineda
- Felice Herrig vs. Virna Jandiroba
- TJ Brown vs. Danny Chavez
- Chris Daukaus vs. Parker Porter