Mohammed Usman is picking up steam.
The brother of UFC welterweight champion Kamaru Usman notched a dominant decision win over Terrance Hodges in the main event of Titan FC 63 on Friday in Miami, Fla. Usman won decisively with 30-27 sweep on all three scorecards.
It was a performance that could’ve warranted several 10-8 rounds, as it was a one-sided affair from Usman’s part. Usman took down and controlled Hodges in all three rounds of the heavyweight contest, which took place at InterContinental Miami and streamed on UFC Fight Pass.
Hodges (2-7) never had any offense going in the bout, as Usman (7-1) added to his near-perfect career record while his brother look on. Afterward, the UFC champ celebrated on social media (via Instagram):
The 31-year-old Usman was a big favorite in the main event, as his opponent entered the cage with three times more losses than wins. “Motor” is now on a four-fight winning streak since suffering his first defeat in early 2018 against Don’Tale Mayes under the Victory FC banner.
Usman’s win marked the lone time at Titan FC 63 where the judges were needed. The previous five fights ended inside the distance, including four-straight first round finishes to open the card.
Full Titan FC 63 results included:
- Mohammed Usman def. Terrance Hodges via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Wascar Cruz def. Christian Ynastrilla via TKO (punches) – Round 3, 4:05 – to win vacant flyweight title
- Devon Dixon def. Jose Vasquez via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 2:57
- Gustavo Villamil def. Nekoro Bunsie via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 1:52
- Sal Guerrirero def. John Birdson via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 3:48
- Ryan Kuse def. Earnest Walls via TKO (strikes) – Round 1, 4:27