A heavyweight matchup is a late addition to the UFC on ESPN+ 35 lineup.
MMA Junkie confirmed the booking with a person with knowledge of the situation after the fight appeared on the UFC’s official stats page.
Romanov (11-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC) was supposed to compete last Saturday at UFC on ESPN+ 34. However, hours before the event’s scheduled start time, Romanov’s fight was pulled from the lineup as a result of his opponent Marcos Rogerio de Lima testing positive for COVID-19.
The cancellation was the third in as many bookings Romanov has faced since signing with the promotion in early 2019.
As for the 34-year-old Martinez (15-5-2 MMA, 0-0 UFC), the Guam-born big man has won three of his most recent four outings. In his five RIZIN outings, Martinez won three fights – only losing to Mirko Crop Cop and Jake Heun.
With the addition, the UFC on ESPN+ 35 lineup includes:
Angela Hill vs. Michelle Waterson
- Ottman Azaitar vs. Khama Worthy
- Roxanne Modafferi vs. Andrea Lee
- Ed Herman vs. Mike Rodriguez
- Kyle Nelson vs. Billy Quarantillo
- Tyson Nam vs. Matt Schnell
- Julia Avila vs. Sijara Eubanks
- Matt Frevola vs. Roosevelt Roberts
- Bobby Green vs. Alan Patrick
- Frank Camacho vs. Brok Weaver
- Bryan Barberena vs. Anthony Ivy
- Justine Kish vs. Sabina Mazo
- Roque Martinez vs. Alexander Romanov