A middleweight bout is in the works for the UFC’s first October event.
People with knowledge of the matchup recently informed MMA Junkie of the targeted booking but asked to remain anonymous since the promotion has yet to make an official announcement.
Townsend (18-10 MMA, 0-3 UFC) has been largely unsuccessful in his career to date. Bouncing between middleweight and light heavyweight, Townsend is still in search of his first UFC victory.
As for Todorovic (9-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC), the Dana White’s Contender Series Season 3 winner has had his debut fight scheduled and canceled three times. All but one of Todorovic’s professional fights have ended with him winning inside the distance.
The UFC’s Oct. 3 event takes place at Flash Forum as the second card on the promotion’s second stint on “Fight Island.” The main card will stream on ESPN+ after prelims on ESPN.
With the addition, the Oct. 3 lineup includes:
- Irene Aldana vs. Holly Holm
- Germaine de Randamie vs. Julianna Pena
- Carlos Condit vs. Court McGee
- Loma Lookboonmee vs. Jinh Yu Frey
- Yorgan De Castro vs. Carlos Felipe
- Heili Alateng vs. Casey Kenney
- Tom Breese vs. Roman Kopylov
- Kyler Phillips vs. TBA
- Jessin Ayari vs. Luigi Vendramini
- Nassourdine Imavov vs. Jordan Williams
- Dusko Todorovic vs. Dequan Townsend