Don’Tale Mayes has a new opponent and date for his third UFC outing.
Originally scheduled to fight Philipe Lins on Nov. 7, Mayes (7-4 MMA, 0-2 UFC) has been shifted to the promotion’s Nov. 14 card at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas. With Lins out due to injury, Mayes will now fight UFC sophomore Roque Martinez.
Multiple people with knowledge of the situation recently informed MMA Junkie of the booking, but asked to remain anonymous as the promotion has yet to make an official announcement.
It took Mayes three attempts on Dana White’s Contender Series to punch his ticket to the promotion – and on Nov. 14, “three” could prove to be his lucky number once again. Winless through two promotional fights, perhaps his third attempt at his first UFC victory will be successful.
As for Martinez (15-6-2 MMA, 0-1 UFC), the former RIZIN heavyweight made his promotional debut on short notice in September, losing to Alexander Romanov by second-round submission.
With the addition, the Nov. 14 lineup includes:
- Louis Smolka vs. Jose Quinonez
- Kanako Murata vs. Livinha Souza
- Kay Hansen vs. Cory McKenna
- Julian Marquez vs. Saparbek Safarov
- Miranda Granger vs. Ashley Yoder
- Gabriel Benitez vs. Justin Jaynes
- Antonio Arroyo vs. Andreas Michailidis
- Zarrukh Adashev vs. Jeff Molina
- Don’Tale Mayes vs. Roque Martinez