ABU DHABI – MMA Junkie was on scene and reporting live as the fighters took to the scale at the official UFC on ESPN+ 38 weigh-ins at Yas Island.
Both main event fighters made weight for their featherweight non-title matchup, with both Brian Ortega (14-1 MMA, 6-1 UFC) and Chan Sung Jung (16-5 MMA, 6-2 UFC) hitting the 146-pound non-title limit, though the former arrived looking markedly different, having shaved his head prior to stepping on the scale.
The two co-main event fighters also hit weight without issue, as flyweight contenders Jessica Andrade (20-8 MMA, 11-6 UFC) and Katlyn Chookagian (14-3 MMA, 7-3 UFC) both hit 126 pounds, while rising light heavyweight prospects Modestas Bukauskas (11-2 MMA, 1-0 UFC) and Jimmy Crute (11-1 MMA, 3-1 UFC) both looked comfortable on the scale as they both weighed in at 206 pounds.
Former two-division KSW champion Mateusz Gamrot (17-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC) also negotiated his first UFC weigh-in without fuss, and he roared his approval as the commissioner confirmed he was on weight at 156 pounds and ready for his featured preliminary card bout with Guram Kutateladze (11-2 MMA, 0-0 UFC), who tipped the scale at the same weight.
The full UFC on ESPN+ 38 weigh-in results include:
MAIN CARD (ESPN+, 7 p.m. ET)
- Brian Ortega (146) vs. Chan Sung Jung (146)
- Jessica Andrade (126) vs. Katlyn Chookagian (126)
- Modestas Bukauskas (206) vs. Jimmy Crute (206)
- James Krause (171) vs. Claudio Silva (171)
- Thomas Almeida (146) vs. Jonathan Martinez (146)
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+, 4 p.m. ET)
- Mateusz Gamrot (156) vs. Guram Kutateladze (156)
- Poliana Botelho (125) vs. Gillian Robertson (125.5)
- Jun Yong Park (185) vs. John Phillips (186)
- Jamie Mullarkey (156) vs. Fares Ziam (156)
- Gadzhimurad Antigulov (206) vs. Maxim Grishin (205.5)
- Said Nurmagomedov (136) vs. Mark Striegl (136)