Monday’s edition of MMA Junkie Radio with hosts “Gorgeous” George and “Goze” is here!
On Episode No. 3,071 of the podcast, the fellas unpack this past Saturday’s UFC on ESPN+ 30 event, which took place on “Fight Island” in Abu Dhabi.
- Deiveson Figueiredo left no doubt in his rematch with Joseph Benavidez, submitting him by rear-naked choke in the first round to claim the vacant flyweight title in the UFC on ESPN+ 30 main event. Who should be next for the new champion? The guys have a pretty good idea.
- For Benavidez, the night ended in heartbreak as he moved to 0-4 in UFC title fights. Where does the soon-to-be 36-year-old go from here?
- Kelvin Gastelum lost his third fight in a row after being submitted by Jack Hermansson just 1:18 into their middleweight co-headliner. It’s a steep drop for Gastelum, who competed for the title in April of last year. Could he benefit from a change in camps?
- Joe Duffy announced his retirement after losing to Joel Alvarez by first-round submission. At 32, was it too soon to call it quits?
- MMA Junkie reporter Danny Segura joined the show to discuss more on UFC on ESPN+ 30, as well as his upcoming Spanish-language “Hablemos MMA” podcast, which is set to debut July 27.
Stream or download this and all episodes of MMA Junkie Radio over at OmnyStudio, or check it out above. You can also catch it on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, and more. A new episode of the podcast is released every Monday and Thursday.
Original article: https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020/07/ufc-fight-island-2-reaction-show-benavidez-vs-figueiredo/