The two featherweight fighters will square off as part of the promotion’s Aug. 8 card at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas.
Two people with knowledge of the situation recently informed MMA Junkie of the booking. They asked to remain anonymous as the promotion has yet to make an official announcement. Bloody Canvas was the first to report the news.
Tucker (11-1 MMA, 2-1 UFC) has only competed twice since his promotional debut in February 2017. A loss to Rick Glenn was bookended by two wins, including a victory in his most recent outing against Seung Woo Choi in July 2019. Prior to the current COVID-19 pandemic canceling the event, Tucker was supposed to fight Billy Quarantillo in April in Lincoln, Neb.
Jaynes (16-4 MMA, 1-0 UFC) makes a relatively quick turnaround after knocking out Frank Camacho on June 20. The fight was Jaynes’ UFC debut, which he took on just days’ notice. The victory extended Jaynes’ winning streak to five and earned him a $50,000 “Performance of the Night” bonus.
With the addition, the Aug. 8 lineup includes:
- Derrick Lewis vs. Aleksei Oleinik
- Omari Akhmedov vs. Chris Weidman
- Yana Kunitskaya vs. Ketlen Vieira
- Andrew Sanchez vs. Wellington Turman
- Miranda Granger vs. Nadia Kassem
- Peter Barrett vs. Steve Garcia
- Nasrat Haqparast vs. Alex Munoz
- Tim Means vs. Laureano Staropoli
- Alex Caceres vs. Giga Chikadze
- Justin Jaynes vs. Gavin Tucker
Original article: https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020/07/ufc-adds-gavin-tucker-vs-justin-jaynes-to-aug-8-event/